The flipside of yesterday’s post:
Once an editor has accepted a writer’s story, the editor can make the writer happy by:
– Editing the story. Duh–you’d say, but there are many places where stories are published as-is, typos and all. That’s embarrassing for all parties.
– Consulting with the author about the edits above
– Not requesting entire story rewrites (if the story didn’t fit the editor’s expectation it shouldn’t have been accepted)
– Giving the author a rough time frame for publishing
– Making sure the author gets paid as promised
– Advertising the published work